Saturday, October 27, 2012

Fireplace Transformation

The brass fireplace screens had to go. I didn't want to spend money on new ones, so I decided to paint them. I found some great guidance on Pinterest and headed off find Rust-oleum high heat spray paint. I sanded, cleaned, and covered the glass and then waited for a break in the rain to run outside and paint them. It was super fast and easy and I love the look of the finished black screens. 

Then it was time for my personal decorator (mom) to come over and help me arrange the mantels. I have quite a collection of K's, so we decided to display them in the family room. We found a large unfinished papermache K and decoupaged it with map pieces from places that Kyle and I have traveled together to provide size variety on the wall. I attached the K's to the brick fireplace using Command strips so that I can change it up whenever I want without leaving holes all over the brick.

Now for some before, during, and after pictures!

Living Room - BEFORE
Living Room Fireplace without screen
Screen - ready for painting
Painting time!
Living Room - AFTER
Family Room - BEFORE
Second one ready to go
Family Room Screen Painted
Family Room - AFTER
Decoupaged Map K


1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to do this to our fireplace doors too. I think we're supposed to have a few dry days coming up, so I'd better get to HD and buy that paint!

    Beautiful job - again!

    ReplyDelete