Sunday, February 9, 2014

Cabin Fever Crafting!

I have been snowed in for 3 days now which means a serious case of cabin fever. Don't get me wrong - I love the snow, but I am ready for it to melt so that I can to the store - I am out of ice-cream!  In the meantime - it has been a fun weekend of crafting and blogging. 

Last month, my mom and I went to my favorite Portland home decor/vintage store called Grand Marketplace (http://grandmarketplacepdx.com). We picked up a few things and got the idea to make moss balls for a winter centerpiece. Off to Michaels to get various sizes of syrafoam balls, spanish moss, green moss, and more hot glue gun sticks. 

This was a really fun and fast craft. We also added pieces of lichen from our yards to give it more variety. 




I also found this fun test tube holder at Grand Marketplace. Given my Chemistry background, I could not resist. I added felt feet to the bottom and a few dried flowers, and found it a home on our living room desk.


When we were visiting family in WA for the holidays, we went to a fabulous store called Compass Rose (http://compassroseolympia.com/tacoma) where I got a new purse (always a sign of a good store) and found inspiration for a copy craft. They had these beautiful but expensive wool mountain pillows. I knew I could make one, so I got some wool suiting material at JoAnn's (50% off!) and made myself a pattern. Snowy mountain pillow for a snowy craft day.

Snow - love ya, but I am running out of craft supplies, so you can melt now!



No comments:

Post a Comment