Saturday, March 16, 2013

Five Dollar Kitchen Island Update

We have a very white kitchen. All of the cabinets, island, and floor are basically white. I love bright colors, so I decided to add a yellow chevron pattern to both ends of the white island using contact paper. I used this helpful post as a starting point except instead of putting my colored contact paper chevron pattern onto white contact paper, I put it directly on each end of the island. I am really happy with the way it turned out and it I want to change it up, I can just peel it off!

Drawing up my chevron pattern
Chevron pieces ready!




Today ended up being a very craft filled day. I wanted some fun Easter eggs and found this pin on Pinterest for ruffled fabric eggs. I had some extra t-shirts lying around from other craft projects, so I used t-shirt fabric strips, plain plastic eggs, and a hot glue gun to create fun ruffled eggs.




No comments:

Post a Comment